Which eyeliner is best for you?

Obviously, this isn't all that's out there. But I do have an example of each type of eyeliner to show you.


Everyone has their own style, and everyone wears their make up differently. With so many options to chose from, I thought I would make a blog to explain which eyeliner is best for your specific needs.



From L to R:
Avon Supershock Cream Eyeliner in Blackened Metal.
Elf Cream Eyeliner in Black. 
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black. 
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner. 
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner. 
Bourjois Kohl & Contour in Ultra Black.


Kohl Eyeliner: Best for smokey looks.

Bourjois Kohl & Contour in Ultra Black.

Kohl might be the most common type of eyeliner to come across, its certainly the first type I used. I find it to be best on the tightline and waterline just because it's less fussy that Gel or cream. It can also be the cheapest of your options, depending on the brand.

Kohl is a great multi-use product, it can be used as a base for eyeshadow to keep the colour for longer (More prone to creasing than a primer however.), like mentioned before you can line the eyes with it, and also it can be smudged and blended to create a simple smoky look.

A definite essential, but I have to say I don't really reach for this as much as I used to. 

If you have sensitive eyes, I would say that you need something more solid that Kohl, my eyes are sensitive to irritation and I am constantly reapplying Kohl if I wear it on my tight line. It can be prone to moving.


Liquid Eyeliner: Best for winged eyeliner.


From L to R:
Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner, 
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner.


For day in day out use I reach for liquid eyeliner, it can be a hit and miss product however, few brands really get this product right. It is one of the longer lasting choices and is usually the most easy to remove. I find liquid the easiest eyeliner to use for a winged/ cat eye. 

From L to R:
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner, 

Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner.

One thing I would say, to make this product easier to use, is to look for a liquid eyeliner with a tapered wand like the two I have shown. It makes for less mistakes! Most liquid eyeliners have a straight brush come with them, and for me, that is far too messy.

This Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Eyeliner has been part of my daily make-up routine for around 6 years now and I can't see that changing anytime soon!


Gel Eyeliner: Best for long wear!

Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black. 

I love gel eyeliner, this particular liner is brilliant. Because you have the opportunity to use any brush you feel comfortable with when using a potted eyeliner, you can create winged eyeliner, smudged eyeliner or even a zany squiggly galaxy look I don't know. The point there was, you have the most maneuverability with Gel eyeliner and it lasts the longest of all the options. It is usually the most expensive option, but a little goes a long way.

I would say that gel liner is best for someone who is comfortable using make up brushes, perhaps someone with more experience of using eyeliner! Saying that, its easy to pick up most make up techniques!


Cream Eyeliner: Great as a base/ for smoky looks!

A cream eyeliner will not last as long as liquid or gel, and is more prone to creasing. It is probably on par with a Kohl liner for blending and using as a base. Having said that you do get the opportunity to use make up brushes with cream eyeliner, which is quite a good thing. More room for experimentation.

I only ever use cream eyeliner as a base, and for that it works pretty well. I wouldn't use it for winged liner as it moves too much.

From L to R:
Elf Cream Eyeliner in Black. 
Avon Supershock Cream Eyeliner in Blackened Metal.


From L to R:
Avon Supershock Cream Eyeliner in Blackened Metal.
Elf Cream Eyeliner in Black. 

Cream would be the least appropriate for hooded eyes, especially. It will give those annoying parallel smudge lines above the crease - not the best look!


Tools:

Here are some tools that you could look into using, they're the best that i've come across.


Top to Bottom:
Maybelline Eyeliner Brush - Comes with Gel Eyeliner!
Sigma E05 Eyeliner Brush - £7.99 from www.love-makeup.co.uk
Illamasqua Angled Eyeliner Brush £16.50

I hope this has been helpful!
Follow and share!
Seize the Beautiful xo

No comments:

Post a Comment