REVIEW | BB Creams for Pale Skin.

Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow Intensity 1, theBalm Balm Shelter in Lighter Than Light, Dior Nude BB Creme in Light 001

Now I know a lot of people prefer BB Creams for a summer, light make up look but mine get far more use during Autumn Winter kind of weather. I have fairly dry skin, admittedly I don't need a whole lot of coverage but I do love to wear a light base even when I'm having a bad skin day. BB Creams for me are an essential in my collection but I do find that most of them are far too dark in pigment for my fair skin. With that In mind I thought I would review a couple of BB Creams that I have or have used.

theBalm Balm Shelter in Lighter Than Light.
It was a pain in the arse to find a recent review of this online before I bought it but I went for it anyway and I'm really glad I did! Initially I bought this to take to a festival for the weekend but I didn't end up bothering with that plan. It is incredibly sheer and very pale which I love, it cancels out a lot of redness and evens the skin without feeling too much. I have to admit I don't reach for it that much as a base but I find myself adding it to my thicker, darker foundations to sheer them out and lighten up the shade and it works perfectly. I'm glad I picked this up!

Estee Lauder Double Wear All-Day Glow in Intensity 1.
I have never been able to try the regular Double Wear because it doesn't come in a shade light enough for me so the idea of a BB Cream version really peeked my interest. Having said that I really don't enjoy this, it is definitely fair but it oxidises on the skin to a quite orange hue. It doesn't blend well, you need more product than an average foundation and it separates on my skin. Majorly pissed off that I spent the money on it if I'm honest.

Rimmel London BB Cream in Very Light.
Seeing that Rimmel had a shade light enough for meant I instantly bought it! I love their Match Perfection in Light Porcelain 010 so I expected this to be a sheer version with a bit of a lighter feel but actually it's thicker and more dense. Very strange. It's not bad by any means I just don't really see how they have a foundation which is more lightweight than it. I don't reach for it all too much but if you want a light, very pale base with a minimal price point then check this out!

Dior Nude BB Creme in Light 001.
My favourite lightweight foundation base ever. Hands down. This has a beautiful coverage, you don't need a lot of product to completely cover your base, it lasts all day and it has a lovely natural velvet feel so I don't need powder when I use it. I didn't photograph this one because I've run out but I'm definitely going to repurchase when it gets a little colder. I love it for all year around but in winter it is a nice lightweight alternative to foundation.

Hope this helps you out if you're looking for a lighter base and are on the fair side. Catch you in my next post :)
Sam xo

P.S. If you enjoy the blog, I'd love if you popped over to bloglovin and followed me there. You can keep up with all my posts that way. Just click the button below :)

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. I am extremely pale so love the recommendations. My fave over the counter is Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream in FAIR…try it. Best over the counter that I have found…
    xo Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not seen that one about I'll have to keep a look out :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this! I love BB Creams, but so many of them are much darker than my skin tone. This is such a wonderful post.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, I love my Dr Jart BB cream but find it's slightly too dark, the case with lots of BB creams it seems. Definitely going to have to try the Dior one!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use it as a bronzing base aha, just shows how pale I am! x

      Delete
    2. The Dr Jart I mean aha x

      Delete
  4. I was just deciding between the Dior BB cream or the Estee Lauder one. Will definitely be splurging on the Dior one now. Thanks!

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do it, the Dior is x100000 better x

      Delete
  5. Such a useful post! I have really pale skin so struggle to find matches in the drug store but I'll definitely keep my eye out for these

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picks! I'm pretty fair as well, especially in wintertime, so this is definitely helpful. I've heard nothing but good things about the Dior BB and I'm dying to try the Estee Lauder! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double Wear BB cream is the one that got me really interested, sounds worth checking ut.

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete