My Daily Makeup.

On one of the blogger's that I follow on here (http://www.makeupsavvy.co.uk) recently made a post titled "Without Fail Makeup" and I thought it was interesting so I wanted to make sure to do something along the same lines and show you the products I use day in day out.

So you can treat this as a collective review I guess.

My daily make up routine does change almost daily depending on the lipstick I feel like or the eye colours I want to wear, but this is my standard facial make up. 

Anyway, here goes nothing.

Base:

Before any cosmetics I spray my face with Caudalie Beauty Elixir and moisture with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

Clockwise from left: 
Real Techniques buffing brush, Missha BB Cream No. 21 Light Beige, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer/

I then use my Buffing Brush to apply the Missha BB Cream, wait for it to soak into my skin a little before applying my concealer to my blemishes and underneath my eyes to cover dark circles. The BB Cream leaves a really dewy finish which and is really hydrating. I love it. I do the rest of my face after I have done my eyes, but I'll just explain those steps now.

Clockwise from left: 
NARS Duo Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer, Accessorize Merged Baked Blush in Sensation, Sigma Duo Fibre Brush, Real Techniques Contour Brush.

I apply contour to the back of my cheekbones and temple and the on my cheekbones I use the Accessorize blush. I don't tend to use blusher on the apples of my cheeks because I think it makes me look too flushed, like a clown. I've already got red undertones so I find that heavy blush makes me look bizarre.

Each to their own. I do all of this before I powder my face to make the colours more subtle. I chose pretty light colours for my face, as you can see from the swatches below.

I don't like the colour to look intense.  

L to R: 
Accessorize Merged Baked Blush in Sensation, NARS Laguna Bronzer

Once thats done, I press my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish into the skin using the real techniques brush and finally, I fill in my eyebrows.

Clockwise from left: 
Illamasqua Angled Brush, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Light, Real Techniques Multi Task Brush, Illamasqua Brow Cake in Stark.

Eyes:

I keep my eyes pretty simple and neutral generally. Using Bare Study Paint Pot as my base I then press Virgin eyeshadow over it using the Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and contour my crease using Naked. To define the eyeshadow that little bit more I buff Sidecar into my outer v. 

I love Urban Decay eyeshadows, in my opinion they are the best. I don't see all of the fuss with MAC eyeshadows to be honest. I make sure the whole colour is blended out well and then go ahead and apply a winged eyeline with my Collection 2000 Fast Stroke eyeliner - it has the easiest wand to use, its very dark and lasts a very long time.

Clockwise from left: 
Urban Decay Naked Palette, MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study, Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush and Deluxe Crease Brush.

From L to R: 
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Virgin, Naked, Sidecar.


From L to R: 
Maybelline One by One Volume Express Mascara, Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Liner.


To complete my eyes I apply a few coats of Maybelline One by One Volume Express Mascara. If you've read my review of this mascara you'll know how highly I rate it!


Lips:
MAC Lipstick in Patisserie.

To finish off I just add a nude lip, MAC Patisserie for example. I never bother with lip liner or gloss for a day to day look.

And that's it. Quite limited.
Hope you enjoyed, it was a bit different to anything i've posted before.

Follow and share.
Seize the Beautiful xo

No comments:

Post a Comment