REVIEW | Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown.


My shade is Dark Brown.

I can't explain to you how long I wanted this product for. By the time I got around to purchasing it my shade was sold out on Cult Beauty so I kind of forgot about it, put it to the back of my mind and then when I was making a Sephora order I remembered it and popped it in my basket! I've seen so many people use this in tutorials and it looked like it applied lovely. The sad thing is, I don't really like it on me. It stays forever and I must admit it is brilliant for the places on my brows where I have big gaps, but other than that I just can't seem to get a natural looking brow with this. I guess it makes it more of a challenge because it is a gel and I am used to powders, plus my eyebrows are on the fuller side so I have to be quite careful not to let them look overdone. I don't find myself reaching for this at all, it's a bit of a faff and the "look" it gives is a little too drawn on for me. I know super defined brows are big right now, but I just don't like that look on myself.

I'm glad I tried this because I was so curious but I wouldn't repurchase it. Maybe I can get use out of it as a eyeshadow base or something. We shall see!

Sam xo
P.S. If you enjoy the blog, I'd love if you popped over to Bloglovin and followed me there. You can keep up with all my posts that way. Just click the button below :)

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this didn't work out! I was concerned about the formula looking a bit unnatural. I've been using the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo for years and it's my holy grail! Very natural and wears all day :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm gonna have to keep playing around with it! Try and get to grips and hopefully it will work out better for me! x

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this, but the thought of a 'gel' liner doesn't sound too appealing, at least you tried though :)

    BTW I have those makeup pots, aren't they lovely
    emilyldn.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's quite weird, gonna keep trying it though!
      x

      Delete
  3. I agree it doesn't look very natural, but luckily I love a harsh brow! xxx

    ReplyDelete