TAG | Beauty things I suck at.

#1 Black eyeshadow

This was the first thing that came to mind when I started to make a list of my personal make-up faux pas. I like to think that I’m quite good at applying make-up, it’s something I’m confident that I can do but black eyeshadow is a whole other ball game. When I do brave the look, it's never as blended as I’d like, it always looks harsh in the wrong way and I can’t get the hang of it! Having said that, I don’t think that many people can pull off black eyeshadow to be honest, other than Kat Von D, but she's infallible so I guess there is an explanation for that.


Unfortunately, this is just about as good as it gets.
#2 Avoiding panda eyes

It’s not so much the application of mascara that I find difficult it's more that I can’t put mascara on without getting it on my lid. I have small eyes and ridiculously curly lashes which are fairly long – I’m not complaining, I just have to live with the fact that I’ll always need a cotton bud on hand to fix the inevitable mistake!

#3 Lip-liner

I am forever applying nude lipliner wrongly and end up looking like Pamela Anderson circa 2004. Not a good look.

Exhibit A.

#4 Sticking to a skincare regimen.

I am lazy and I like sleep. There’s no more to the story to be honest. There will never come a day where I think “I’d rather wake up 15 minutes earlier and go through numerous skincare steps than have an extra bit of shut eye”. The worst thing that really ever happens with my skin is dehydration or hormonal break outs, both happen sporadically and I don’t really have much of a control over. I’m trying to justify my sloth. Moving on.

#5 Combatting weaslaphobia. 

What’s that you ask? It is the scientific name for the irrational fear of hairdressers. I can’t remember the last time I got my hair cut. I don’t trust them to do as I ask, due to past experiences! Going to have to bite the bullet soon though, ombre royally fucked up my hair and the ends need to go! If you want evidence, look no further than the two above photo's.

No ones perfect, aye!
Sam xo

No comments:

Post a Comment