REVIEW | Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara.



Whilst in York a couple of months back I had the chance to go to a CCO for the first time ever and knew that I was on the look for a few things, one of which was a Clinique mascara. They didn't stock my favourite one, which is the original formula of the Clinique High Impact Mascara so I went with this one on a whim. It was only £12 compared to the normal £17 and looked promising.


What confuses me about this purchase is the fact that I chose a bevelled wand, I really don't like them and I don't know why I chose it. My eyelashes are naturally long full and curly but they lack the colour and drama that I really look for, this mascara does provide me with the dramatic lashes I want. I wouldn't repurchase this though, it's a pain in the arse to work with because it's a really quick drying formula. The formula is also insanely annoying to remove, it comes off in flakes and requires multiple swipes with a make up remover.

If you are used to waterproof mascaras and you're looking for something that is not going to budge until you really make the effort to remove it then this could be for you. It gives thick, long lashes. It is quite easy to get spider lashes with this though, so beware. I can't really speak for the curling benefits; I didn't notice my lashes especially holding a curl with this product because they hold a curl with pretty much any mascara.

This is a love hate product for me, I'm impressed with its performance but I wouldn't chose it again for sake of ease with removal.

You can get this mascara at Boots for £17. (Link.)

Seize the Beautiful xo

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Clinique mascaras are my all-time favourite, but haven't tried this one. Sounds similar to my feelings about BeneFit They're Real mascara- makes my lashes look fab but is sooo hard to remove! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try that but the price tag turns me off! Wish I could buy a sample of the brush! Is it really good? xo

      Delete