Save Money - Buy MORE Makeup ;)


This is going to be a post on one of my favourite ways of "saving". Many companies - some of which I am going to mention below - give you the opportunity to earn points as you buy your beauty products so that you get a sort of cash back. Essentially it means you can buy more for your buck. Okay, so you're not actually saving, but you're earning back a certain amount of the money you spend and as a beauty addict, the points sure do pile up for me! I was going through my purse to find my student card and realised that I have three beauty points cards in my purse as well as other points scheme's that I use solely online, I'm sure there will be ones I'm not aware of, and if that is the case go right ahead and let me know. Here are the beauty points clubs I subscribe to!

Boots Advantage Card.

This is certainly the most established beauty card that i'm aware of. It's brilliant. You get 4 points per pound you spend. Each point counts for a penny, which sounds a little pathetic but it's better than nothing. When you consider the amount of beauty product on offer in Boots you can really rack up the points quickly. I happen to buy all of my perfumes from Boots and so every time I buy my 50ml bottle of Dior Hypnotic Poison (£49.00) I earn 588 points, essentially, I make back £5.88. For me that's enough reason to fill out the small form and use my advantage card!

The Boots Advantage card is great for offers as well, they will quite often offer an extra 500 points when you buy certain products so it's even more saving!

Next up we have the Debenhams Beauty Club Card

Sounds a bit like Tesco but whatever.


Vital Statistics for this one incluse 5 points to the pound on online orders and 3 points to the pound on store purchases. Another amazing deal as far as i'm concerned considering Debenhams stocks MAC, Illamasqua, Urban Decay, Smashbox, Dior, Chanel, Guerlain, Lancome and so on and so forth. When you're buying high end make up, you're spending alot, and it's nice to know that you can save a little  here and there. Again, Debenhams offers a crazy amount of deals to get extra points so this is another card to invest in! Not that it costs anything buy you catch my drift.

There is one little annoyance to this card, you can only spend your points after you have hit 500+ points as they credit you in £5.00 peices. It's not that big a deal though. Especially considering 500 points is only £100 and with high end brands that could mean a foundation, blush and an eyeshadow. Not too bad.

Oh, and the card gets you a free delivery code on all online orders - score!

Finally we have the Superdrug Beautycard

This one is fantastic for the bargain shoppers because Superdrug carries all the lower end brands such as MUA, Fashionista and GOSH. Unfortunately this gives the least points but then again, it's the "cheapest" products you're going to buy from Superdrug, isn't it. You get 1 point to the £1. Better than nothing. I find this just as savvy as the others too!


Another upside is you don't need to carry a mirror with you, this comes fully equipped aha!


Hope you enjoyed this post, if you did, go ahead and follow  :)
Seize the Beautiful xo

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I have both the Superdrug and Boots card but wasn't aware Debenhams did one as I usually order online. I'll definitely be signing up for their card x

    ReplyDelete