Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses review w/ swatches.

Firstly, whenever I see these, immediately, this song pops into my head... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jXt7EbL37M Flash from the past right there! :)



Anyways! After much hesitation I picked two of the colours up at Asda. They weren't as cheap as I expected, but then again, I've never bought lip tints before so I don't really know what price I was expecting - they were £5.98 each. I'm not sure how I feel about that.


The colours that I bought were 100 Endless Blossom (A light rosy pink) and 600 Carry on Cherry (A cherry red/ berry colour.) I swatched them both on my hand in the store and they seemed well pigmented and generally pretty, wearable colours.


 
(100 Endless Blossom above and 600 Carry on Cherry below.)


So, when I got home I tried them on my lips, in the photo above I have Endless blossom on my top lip and Carry on Cherry on my lower. I don't know about you, but the contrast in colour that shows in the swatch on my hand doesn't seem to carry over to my lips very well to me. I was initially more excited about the light pink shade but I'm not impressed by it now.


The reason why I spent so long umm-ing and ahh-ing over whether to try these was mainly the packaging. To me it looks like cheap make up that I might pick up whilst in a little boutique on holiday in Spain. Does that make sense to anyone else? I don't know. It just looks and feels like crap. And to be honest, the felt tip applicator is a little horrible too. I felt like i'd decided to sharpy up my lips, not a good feel.

So overall, not the best, but here's a run down of pro's and con's.

What I like!:  The 600 Carry on Cherry colour is so pretty and a transferable day to night shade that I will continue using, regardless of the products flaws. As well as this the lip balm that is on the opposite side to the  felt applicator is amazing, really moisturising and lasts a long time.

What I don't!: The plastic, tacky packaging. The felt applicator. Lack of variety in the shades. The feel on the lips, euch.

I guess my experimentation with lip tints will have to take new heights. Suggestions are welcomed!

Seize the Beautiful xo





No comments:

Post a Comment