Benefit Bad Gal/ Girl About Town/ Porefessional review

I'd like to start of by saying that, as a brand, I detest benefit. It reminds me of overly fake tanned girls with mis-matched foundation and poorly blended make up. But, they do have some gems such as Boing industrial concealer - godsend!

All this month with GLAMOUR magazine, they were giving away free sample sizes of Bad Gal Lash mascara, Girl About Town primer and Porefessional primer. I applaud GLAMOUR for that, I am not cheap when it comes to make up by any means, but I am skeptical about expensive products and they've allowed me to try three products for a fraction of the price. CHEERS! Since the magazine is £2 and the products themselves have a price point of £15+ I thought I'd pick them all up and try them out.


Bad Gal Lash




I'd been eyeing this up for a while, the brush really appealed to me, its so big!



 This mascara retails for £16.50, so it's on the pricier side of the market, but I can completely see why. It volumises my lashes and lengthens them insanely well, and with little effort! I love that it is jet black and the formula is pretty quick drying and smooth. 

I will definitely be repurchasing this when my tester size runs out!

That Gal primer and Porefessional primer

I've loved Porefessional for a long time, ever since I first noticed benefit and the woman gave me a bit of a make over with it on. Porefessional full size retails at £23.50 so it's quite steep. It mattifies without drying and really just does what it says on the tin - minimises the appearance of pores. I would say that this sort of a primer isn't very good for the skin, and is most likely to block your pores, but this doesn't really seem to be the case. I really like Porefessional for the night as I know that my make up will not move and it makes my skin look flawless!

Here is what the primers look like, un-blended. The pink toned one is That Gal and the other, Porefessional.


I haven't really heard much about That Gal primer other than that it is meant to be a brightening base. So when I tried it for the first time I was quite happy to see that it was pink in colour, as I use a pink corrector to brighten my eyes up, and it works tremedously. This didn't.

It's a very nice primer, nothing spectacular and I didn't really see any brightening affect and considering That Gal full size retails at £21.00 I would expect more. I'll probably use up this tester but I have no intention of shelling out for the full sized version, for me - like a lot of benefit products - the effect of the product does not justify the price.

Seize the Beautiful xo

No comments:

Post a Comment