International Superstars Glossy Box - August 2012

Spoiler alert! It's so bad that i'm unsubscribing! This sort of sample set is the exact reason it took me so long to bother with Glossybox in the first place, unfortunately!


I've only received two Glossybox's so far and it took me about 6 months to give in and bother to get involved in the Glossybox craze, I'm not the most frugal person but I was so skeptical about them, I just kept thinking is £12.95 really worth the chance of having 5 terrible samples. The first Glossybox I got (July 2012) I was thoroughly impressed with, hence why I carried on my subscription! It had Monu, Elizabeth Arden and Kroylan! So perhaps I had high hopes for this box!

It came this morning - earlier than expected which was a nice surprise! And on first impressions (I didn't read the card just opened it straight up) I thought it looked promising.

My Glossybox contained these items...

Vera Valenti L'Ombre a Paupiere Margarita


When I first saw this I thought that it might be a concealer palette and I got really excited. To my dismay it's just a cheap eyeshadow palette, £3.89 to be exact. The colours are ones I wouldn't buy plus they are chalky and not very pigmented. Strike one!

Lipcote Lipcote

Though an interesting concept - this claims to stop liptick from bleeding and prolong the wear of your lipstick when applied over the product- it stinks. It smells like nail varnish and that makes me uncomfortable about putting it near my very sensitive lips. So yet another sample I won't get use out of. It's the full size and costs  £3.99.

Glossybox Lipstick in Glossy Pink.


This is kind of cheating, don't you think? I don't want Glossybox samples, but it's a nice enough dusty pink to add to my tens of other dusty pinks! This costs £9.50 to buy, no chance!

Valentino Valentina Assoluto

It's a really nice smell when it sinks in but for 50ml it costs £61. That's too steep for something i'm not in awe of. And the size of the sample is abit crappy too. Eh.


Alessando Pro White


A nail whitening treatment. Since I always use a basecoat I don't tend to get discoloured nails but I suppose its a nice enough thing to own. This is £7.85 at full size, which I think is what they have included in this glossybox.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

I am quite intrigued by this, i'll have to try it out, its an oil cleanser for makeup that claims to remove makeup effortlessly. We shall see! Still, I don't think it makes up for this crappy Glossybox!

As you can probably tell, this has put me in a bit of a shoddy mood aha! Another waste of money! Hopefully you had a better one than me!
Seize the Beautiful xo


No comments:

Post a Comment