So I thought that it might be a good idea to have a spring clean! Not literally, but I just thought I'd write the things I want to stop doing, or try to. This isn't like a resolution post, I just thought that it might make things come to light more. These are just things I think I need to tell myself right now, perhaps you might relate and this could kick you into gear too :)
- Stop being lazy, stick to your skincare routine in all it's glory, you made it have so many steps for a bloody reason!
- Get back into painting your nails, it's fun and theraputic!
- Again, stop being lazy! You feel better with a nicer makeup look, so get on with it, a lipstick won't make your morning routine all that much longer!
Note to self: Buy a new purple lipstick!
- Don't worry about how other people judge your choices of colour, no one cares but you!
- One of the big things I do with choosing clothes is pick something which I love the look of and then remind myself of all of the reasons why it obviously isn't for me. I need to stop that. My thing is usually that I tell myself something is to girly for me, I want to change that. It's okay to wear pastels sometimes, right?
- Safe isn't always best, it's sometimes boring. Wear those orange suede shoes you bought from Zara weeks ago and have been arguing with yourself about how stupid they are. They're gorgeous. Get on with it.
- No one is going to make you do anything, you're an adult. You have to motivate yourself. Seize your opportunities when you can. Apply for those internships. Plan travelling. Don't worry about your money, it's only money.
- Speaking of money, stop looking on the Selfridges website pre- student loan. You know it's a bad decision.
- Writing makes you happy, stick to it. Blog more, write more. Submit that to the uni newspaper, what's the worst that could happen.
- Worrying over things you cannot change is asking for trouble, create new memories. Meet new people. Explore new options, it's all good for you.
- Learn that language, you keep putting it off but it will do you the world of good. Plus it'll help you get onto your grad scheme - shh, too serious!
That's about enough for now. Lets hope in a couple of months time I'll have taken some if not all of these on board. Maybe that's a little too optimistic! Aha! Oh, and don't worry, my next post will be a review! I've not forgotten my obsession for beauty, don't worry.
Seize the Beautiful xo