LOOK | Gold! Glad you are bound to return. (Two Lip Looks)


Let's all go to Blue Banana shall we?

So, my sister turned up at the house the other day with a navy lipstick, I instantly wanted to play! I love the idea of alternative make up and strange lip colours and I don't think that navy is too far out of the norm. Especially if you wear purples or deep reds. Anyways, I created this look and I am genuinely in love with the outcome, I'm not so sure where you would wear it but my God does it look good (If not bizarre.). Because I know most people would think this was crazy because it isn't the most wearable look I also paired the eye look with a nude so that  you could see both :)

For my eyes I took a combination of some shadows that I have been adoring lately! For a base I used Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencils, first Vanilla Sky on my lid, browbone highlight and inner corner before using Denim Diva along my lower lashline and waterline. Then, I tightllined using Midnight Glam also. To intensify the look I used a mix of MAC Woodwinked and MAC Arena all over my lid before deepening up the crease with a deep brown from the Charlotte Tilbury The Sophisticate palette - but any brown would work fine! I used my old favourite liquid liner today, the Collection Fast Stroke, to create a wing. I have to say, I'm not all that impressed with it anymore, though it definitely is good for the money! I added lots and lots of mascara to my bottom and top lashes with the Maybelline Volum' Express One by One and ta-da, eyes are done!

The face is really neutral I just bronzed up using Chanel Bronze Universale around the perimeters and furthered it with Vivo Baked Bronze in Healthy Glow 3. Stunning combination for bronzing I think! As a finishing touch I added some MAC Tenderling to my apples. Now onto the good stuff! For the navy lip option I added Manic Panic Glamnation Lipstick in After Midnight. I hadn't heard of the brand either, but I was happy with the formula because it was so creamy and pretty opaque. For the nude option below I used L'Oreal Nude Ballet.



I hope you enjoyed seeing something a bit different! I love the finished look for both lip colours! Which do you prefer?

Sam xo
P.S. If you enjoy the blog, I'd love if you popped over to bloglovin and followed me there. You can keep up with all my posts that way. Just click the button below :)

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Love both looks Sam! xx

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these looks are stunning! Love the idea of navy lipstick- surprisingly wearable and very pretty on you! I must give it a try :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jen, yeah I was surprised by how wearable it was lol x

      Delete
  3. Wow, you rocked the navy lipstick really well and both looks are pretty. xx

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the deep blue shade in contrast to your skin tone. Girlllllll.......Considered Yourself followed!

    http://mynamesiram.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that lipstick is amazing! I've never seen a navy lip before but it looks gorgeous on you!

    http://rachelbrennanlife.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete